WIth the hope as my passion
With love as my guide
I will invite this new moment
whatever it brings.
With God as my friend
The ever present help
You show yourself in nature
Truth for my soul
Wisdom for the journey
I come to you Divine Light
Come speak with me.
Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye…
it also includes the inner pictures of the soul.
Have you ever thought of nature as being this way?
What are your inner pictures of the soul?
What makes your soul sing or soar?
When I look at amazing photographs, or think of my dear niece, this makes my heart soar. When I sit amongst a tree I feel connected to nature, the great Divine and at home. I get inspiration, motivated, feel at peace and wisdom. I love being amongst trees. Once while sitting under a weeping willow I felt great comfort. I felt enclosed in a safe place, as if I was remembering a place of a former life or my childhood. It felt like home. Do you have a place where you feel most at home? Let me know in your comment.
A little poem I wrote:
Plum, Plum my glorious plum tree
I honour you my friend
Your death is nearing, just as I get to know you
Your branches are cracking, the time will come when you will be chopped
But for now I see how what you can teach me
You teach me that despite being cracked and imperfect your beauty shines out to the world
Just like you I am imperfect but I have an inner beauty that I can show to the world
Outside beauty will fade and faults will be revealed but still beauty can be found if you just look.
Thank you my dear friend. What a great lesson to learn form you.
Picture fOund at http://emptyphotoframe.tumblr.com/post/43426361294/owl-tattoo-tumblr-on-we-heart-it
You are so wise, so listen to yourself. pray alot and worry a little. take firm steps that follow me. laugh alot and cry when needed. feel the depths of love and pain but rise again to face a new day. take your heart to mountains high and take many others to fly with you.
A small piece of creative writing that the Divine passed onto me this morning as I looked at this wise picture of the owl and felt what message was being conveyed to me.
Thanks to the great Divine and thanks to Gralyn for posting this picture up on facebook for me to see and ponder on.
Greetings to all.
Does anyone ponder on a picture and receive wisdom or inspiration? I’d like to hear what you discover.
Stare at this awhile and see what comes to you. Write down any notes afterwards. Now stare at it again. THen look at a blank wall or close your eyes and see what happens. Make notes again. Share with me what you have experienced.
I’ve been listening to an old cd series of Anthony Robbins, the motivational speaker. I am finding him encouraging and defintely helping me keep on track with my goals.
He says that to encourage us to do the things we want to do we need to be aware of the pain if we don’t do those things we wish to do and the amazing happiness we will experience if we do in fact do them. You can also look at what benefit you are getting from not doing them. There must be some reason you are not doing those things or you would have already done them.
1. List the pain you experience or may in the future from not doing one particular task or activity. Pain from not doing something motivates us to take action. Disappointment can help us take action. See disappointment as lack of fulfillment assisting you to push on. So for example, if you wish to make a book shelf but you have been putting it off and putting it off because you say you are always too tired, too busy, don’t have the energy, don’t have the money. List the things that would happen or are happening to you because you aren’t doing it. It maybe, I get annoyed with myself that I still haven’t done it, my wife keeps bugging me to do it and that annoys me, we haven’t got books on shelves in our house they are just lying on the floor and I hate how that looks.
2.Write down the fulfilment you will experience when you do it. In the case of the book shelf, the husband may feel a sense of accomplishment, a house with books on a shelf instead of on the floor which makes him and his wife happier, they both read more books. It’s a win win situation for the both of them.
3. Write down the reasons or the beneifts from not doing the thing you want to do. In the case of building the book shelf it maybe that the husband knows it will cost money and he is afraid to spend it, he is afraid that he will not do a good job and look foolish, have wasted the money and be disappointed with himself. So instead of trying he doesn’t bother building the book shelf.
Now you have got to ensure the benefits outway the cost or you will continue to delay or procrastinate. If your benefits don’t outway the cost then you gotta look harder. I know, I hear you say “how annoying, do I have to do this again? ” Well if you really want this you will find a reason to do what you know you want to do.
I wish you well, God Bless. Let me know how your plans go.
This week I received the nomination for the Super Sweet Blog Award from utesmilewhich I am very grateful to have received. Check out her blog. Her loveliness shines through the computer screen. 🙂
17th January 2013
The rules for this award are as follows:
Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
Nominate other blogs for this award and let them know.
Post the award on your blog.
Answer the 5 questions
So here we go, my answers to the 5 questions!
- Cookies or Cake? Cakes always taste better to me.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Depends what you are adding the flavor to.
- Favavorite sweet treat? chocolate or icecream
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I know they are in the house, like at the moment (still eating christmas gitfted chocs)
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? sweet liquorice
My nominees are:
There is alot going around about mindfulness of late. The definition I found is “Mindfulness involves consciously bringing awareness to your here-and-now experience with openness, interest, and receptiveness… and without judgement.” http://www.thehappinesstrap.com/mindfulness.
I thought I’d let you know what mindfulness techniques I use on a regular basis. They may not be purely mindfulness techniques but a fushion blend of various tools combined together to suit me.
1. Oh there is a thought about………..(used when I have a disturbing or unpleasant thought that I tend to judge myself for). Instead of focussing on the judgement and trying to change how I feel about the thought I casually tell myself Oh, there is a thought about…… It can lesson the impact of the thought on me and often gets rid of it entirely.
2. Sometimes humour is good to use when thoughts I have are disturbing me. I sing “a changed version of that line from the old spice girls song “‘Stop’. “Stop right there thank you very much I don’t need that thought any more.
3.Thoughts don’t seem so bothersome when I see them as an image then shrink them, flip them upside down or spin them around in circles. I can play with them and laugh.
4. When a negative downpore of thoughts comes into my mind blaming me for something or worrying me constantly I try to override it with blah blah blah or just a huge STOP